This is one of my FAVORITE recipes! It’s simple, delicious, and so nutritious. While squash is normally served in the fall and winter, why not enjoy this comfort food all year round and reap the amazing health benefits including high levels of Beta Carotene, Vitamin C, Minerals, Anti-Inflammatory Properties, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, and Phytonutrients.
(Organic Whenever Possible)
1 Whole Sweet Onion
1 Medium Sized Butternut Squash
6 Cups of Vegetarian or Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tsp Sea Salt
2 Tsp Coarse Ground Pepper
1/4 Cup of Pure Maple Syrup
2 Tsp Turmeric
1/4 Cup of Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup of Coconut Cream
– Additional Spices if Desired Including Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Curry, Ginger & Garlic Powder.
– Peel squash, remove seeds, and cut into chunks.
– Peel onion and cut into small pieces
– Sauté onions on medium heat with butter and olive oil until transparent (approx. 5 minutes)
– Lower heat and add 6 cups of broth along with the squash.
– Add spices of your choice
– Bring to a boil and then simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the squash is tender
– Mix in Maple Syrup
– Toast pumpkin or sunflower seeds in a non-oiled frying pan over medium heat until golden brown
– Put soup ingredients into a blender or Vitamix and blend until it becomes a smooth puree
– Pour into bowls, top with a dollop of coconut cream, toasted seeds, and a sprinkle of your choice of spices
My friend Angelica and I recently tried this recipe and WOW, these are DELICIOUS! No flour, No sugar…just pure superfood awesomeness.
The L.O.V. Vanilla Chai from Purium is THE BEST that I have ever seen. It’s raw, vegan, organic, non-GMO, and packed with medicinal mushrooms, protein, vegetables and more! 3 scoops of it is equivalent to over 10 cups of vegetables!
To purchase the Vanilla Chai Superfood Powder, just click here:
INGREDIENTS (Choose Only Organic Ingredients)
2 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Scoops L.O.V. Super Meal Vanilla Chai
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Pure Maple Syrup
Mix all ingredients in a blender or Vitamix until smooth. Pour batter on a griddle or heated pan with coconut oil on medium heat. Cook until bubbles show up and then gently flip to brown the other side. Sprinkle with your favorite ingredients and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Approximately 50 grams of protein per recipe!
Although often seen as a fall dessert, I love crumble ALL year round! Here is a wonderful recipe that I created which has NO Sugar but instead uses the AMAZING Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener!
To receive 20% off your order from Lakanto in the USA go to http://www.lakanto.com and enter JBL20 at checkout.
For Canadian orders, visit http://www.lakanto.ca and unfortunately my discount code is only available in the USA. Sorry my Canadian friends. 🙁
RECIPE (All Organic)
3 Cups Peeled Apples (Mix The Variety of your Choice, Approx. 3 Apples)
4 Cups of Fresh or Frozen Mixed Berries
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Fresh Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean
1/2 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (Golden or Classic)
1/4 Cup of CornStarch (Non GMO)
Dash of Sea Salt
1 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (Golden or Classic)
4 Cups Rolled Oats
Dash of Sea Salt
1 1/2 Cup of Cold Vegan Butter (Earth Balance is my Fave)
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Pecans work well)
Coconut Cream or Vegan Ice Cream, Fresh Berries, Sprig of Mint, Drizzle of Lakanto Monkfruit Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the Topping, mix almond meal, monkfruit sweetener, coconut flour, rolled oats and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add cubed vegan butter using your hands to crumble it into the dry ingredients until there are no pieces of butter larger than a hazelnut. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
3. For the filling, sauté diced apples with 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil until tender and slightly caramelized, approximately 5 minutes.
4. Mix the cooked apples with the berries, vanilla, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together monkfruit sweetener, corn starch, and salt. Gently fold this mixture into the apple and berry mixture until thoroughly combined.
6. Place the filling into a pyrex dish or individual ramekins and add a generous amount of dry topping making sure that the fruit filling is more than half the portion.
7. Bake 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
8. Serve warm in beautiful bowls topped with chilled coconut cream or vegan ice cream, fresh berries, a sprig of mint, and a drizzle of Lakanto Maple Syrup.
I am ALL for trying to get your vitamins, minerals, and superfoods from our diet. But you and I both know that with busy schedules, lack of planning, and less nutritious foods, it can be difficult to eat in a balanced and healthy way.
That’s why I make sure to incorporate my favorite three products EVERY DAY!
Perfect Food Raw by GARDEN OF LIFE is truly an amazing superfood powder that acts as an insurance policy for your health. By taking at least one scoop of Perfect Food Raw daily, we can rest assured that we’ve received an abundance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, enzymes and more!
This vegan protein tastes AMAZING and satiates us much longer than many other forms of protein.
This special blend of medicinal mushrooms has 9 potent species that truly pack-a-punch when it comes to disease-fighting and immune-boosting properties.
Add 1 scoop of Perfect Food Raw, 2 scoops of protein powder, and 2 Tsp of mushroom powder in your shaker or blender along with rice, almond, hemp, or coconut milk. Feel free to add a banana, avocado, or berries or simply drink as is for your DAILY DOSE of AWESOMENESS!
- Reach out to me to find out where to purchase this special mushroom blend.
Ingredients (Organic whenever possible)
Approximately 15 cookies
1 1/2 Cups of Pitted Dates
1/4 Cup Raw Almonds, Walnuts or your favorite nut
3/4 Cup Oats
2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1 Tbsp Ground Chia Seed
2 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Maca Powder
2 Tsp Water
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Jam or Homemade Fruit Compote
Mix all ingredients except the oil, water and jam into a food processor and blend until clumpy. Add oil and blend again. While blending, add the water and mix until consistent.
Remove the dough and roll it into small balls. Flatten slightly with a spoon and make a small indent in the center.
Place onto parchment paper and fill the centers with homemade fruit jam or compote of your favorite flavor or an organic bottled one without added sugar.
Refrigerate for half hour and serve.
Ingredients (Organic Only)
1 1/2 Cups Almond, Rice, Hemp or Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Brewed Coffee
1 Ripe Frozen Banana
4-6 Pitted Dates
1-2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Ground Chia or Hemp Hearts
1 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Favorite Nut Butter
1 Scoop Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder
Dash Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Ice
Add ingredients to a Vitamix or blender and blend until smooth. For a HOT latte, skip the ice, use a non-frozen banana, and either warm mixture on the soup setting of your Vitamix OR warm the almond milk before blending.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.