We are all superheroes. I know it sounds silly and cliché but it’s true. Most of us just don’t realize it. Okay, so maybe we can’t fly, send laser beams with our eyes, or scale a wall, but we do have immense powers beyond our own belief.
In my book LIVE LOOK FEEL I talk about dusting off your superhero costume and taking charge of your own life. I discuss ways in which we can find more self-empowerment, confidence, and strength for the important journey ahead.
We ALL have special powers and gifts to offer the world but the problem is that many of us are tired. We are stressed out, overworked, and pre-occupied with the day-to-day routine and we have lost our way. Because of this, we have also lost the energy we need to move ahead and conquer life the way we had once intended.
Some of us may be very clear as to our life’s mission and we feel an undeniable drive to succeed, make an impact, and leave a legacy. Other people on the other hand, are just beginning to sense their deeper purpose in this lifetime.
Regardless of where you are, if you’re feeling that you have a larger life to live, know that this is intuition speaking to you. Know that this is the voice of truth.
If you lack direction or you are just burned out because of poor diet, lifestyle choices, and stress, try taking these steps to get you back on track, providing you with the kryptonite you need to become the superhero you were meant to be:
- Detox – Often a diet high in processed foods, drugs, alcohol, and sugar can numb us. We lose sight of what it’s like to thrive. Doing a gentle body detox can help us remember what it’s like to feel great, lose junk food cravings, sleep deep, and remain energized throughout the day. Consider trying a short cleanse or detox to reset your body and metabolism similar to the 10-day transformation that I provide for my clients. Afterwards, bring in more organic produce, clean water, and superfoods and fuel your body the way nature intended.
- Go Inward – If our minds are busy then we are sure to miss the synchronistic messages that the Universe is sending to us. By going inward, meditating, creating a quiet morning practice, journaling and reading uplifting material each day, we make room for miracles amidst the clutter. Put yourself first, make this practice a priority, and watch what happens.
- Get Creative – When we were kids we’d pretend that we could fly, or do magical things. Our inner child and our creativity are closely related to each other. Do something that brings you joy such as playing an instrument, painting, walking barefoot in nature, singing karaoke, gardening, or playing a board game with friends. We are taking things way too seriously and we’re missing the boat. Life is meant to be fun and when we begin tapping in to our inner creativity and our childlike nature, we rediscover important aspects of ourselves and we become more balanced, happy, and unstoppable.
In the comic books and movies superheroes save the day and sometimes, the earth. Each of us has such a mission. We were born with unique talents, gifts, and inspirational ideas that can truly change the world. If we clean up our body, mind, and spirit, and get tuned in to why we are here, there will never be a more important assignment than that.
* Always consult with your physician before beginning any cleanse or detox program especially if you have pre-existing health conditions.
Jay Bradley is a Youthful Aging, Wellness & Lifestyle Expert Living in Los Angeles http://www.JayBradleyLifestyle.com
He is the Best-Selling Author of LIVE LOOK FEEL, The 12-Week Guide to Live Longer, Look Younger & Feel Better!
As a certified wellness coach CWC I’ve worked with people all over the world to help them achieve a healthier and happier balance between their body, mind, and spirit. My goal is to dig in, find out where they’re off balance, and then session by session, work to assist my clients in regaining and rediscovering a new way of living that better fits their goals.
Many of them want to lose weight, increase physical energy, or look and feel younger. While all of these are important, we come to realize as we work together that it is what’s inside that counts the most. We learn, as a team, that true balance, happiness, and wellness is ALWAYS an inside job.
If we look at quantum physics and the study of matter, we know that everything in life including the computer or phone that you’re reading this on, is in fact, energy. In essence all “things” are simply molecules bouncing around.
When we look at our physical body and our level of health for example, these too are made up of energy. The question then becomes, what gets our energy moving in a positive direction? The answer is our thoughts and emotions. Thoughts are the basis of everything that we desire. Past thoughts have created the life that we are living today and if we want to know where we’ll be in a week, month, or year from now, we need only look at today’s thoughts and inner feelings. By doing this we’ll know without much doubt what is to come.
All experiences in our present moment can be pinpointed to thoughts and beliefs that we had a week, month, or years ago. So in order to make changes in our life and improve our health, we must change our self-defeating thoughts. When we take more control and become the change that we want to see from the inside out, it’s a very empowering way to live.
This can also be one of the most challenging aspects of our journey. Many of our thoughts and beliefs are habitual and unconscious and it can be difficult to change the ones that have been with us since childhood…difficult but not impossible.
If we are dealing with a health crisis it can take even more strength and discipline to tap into that positive vibration of total healing within us. But the more we begin to catch our negative or self-defeating patterns, fears, and negative dialogue and then immediately changing them into positives, the quicker we experience shifts for the better.
Creating a morning practice that involves journaling, meditation, quiet reflection, and reading uplifting books is the beginning of putting your inner self first. When we carve out this time we begin to make our emotional and spiritual life a priority and this is where the magic begins. When we turn inward and pay attention to that quiet voice of intuition within us and we begin to get conscious of our thoughts, the right people, circumstances, and opportunities begin to show up almost effortlessly and our health often begins to improve. The ideal healer, doctor, coach, or specialist will appear with synchronicity to help speed the process along.
As I have learned in my life and through the experiences of my clients, ANYTHING is possible and change IS attainable once we begin to do the inner work of releasing negativity, fear, and limiting thoughts. When we work from the inside out and then the outside in, we have a recipe for true success in all areas. It doesn’t always happen over night but it is quite possibly the most important priority that we will ever make.
Jay Bradley is an Anti-Aging, Wellness, and Lifestyle Coach living in Los Angeles.
He is the author of LIVE LOOK FEEL, The 12-Week Guide to Live Longer, Look Younger, and Feel Better!
If you’re like most people, you pop out of bed each morning, check your phone, emails, and social media and then hurry about with your usual morning routines without much of a conscious thought.
It is so easy to fall into this repetitive cycle and while some regularity is important, it may be time to re-think how you begin your day. The morning is quite possibly the most important time of all! How we start our day defines how it will unfold for us. If we begin feeling frantic, hurried, and caught up in the rat race from the day before, it is almost guaranteed that the hours ahead will follow suit.
As a wellness coach, creating a morning practice is something that I emphasize with all of my clients. Taking time each morning to get centered, calm, and for reflection is something that I have done each day for the past 20 years. I am convinced that this practice alone will completely transform your life for the better.
If you’re ready for a change and if you’re looking to improve your life and get in touch with that deeper part of you where all of the answers lie, begin incorporating the following for at least 40 minutes each morning and get ready for a shift:
- Meditation – We have all heard about it, perhaps even tried it, and we know the benefits. But sticking with it can be challenging. Meditation is proven scientifically to reduce stress and re-wire our brains making us happier, healthier, and more centered. Try using an app on your phone like CALM, which makes it easier than ever to commit to your meditation practice. Even 15 minutes per day has awesome benefits. Commit for 7 days and note how you feel along the way.
- Journaling – This is one of my favorite daily practices. Writing gets things out of your head and onto paper. This act alone removes the “clutter” from our minds allowing us to feel more clear and calm. Also by revisiting your old journals from time to time, it will help you to begin seeing destructive or unhealthy patterns and will make you more conscious of how much you’ve grown. Using a journal to list all of the things that we are grateful for also shifts our energy and helps us focus on what is going right rather than on what is wrong.
- Vision Work – If you have read about quantum physics then you’ll know that everything around us is made up of energy. The law of attraction goes on to say that what we see in our minds, believe is possible, and what we desire can and will manifest for us. By taking time each day to visualize and feel the life that we dream of, it messages the Universe to get busy bringing us all that we desire.
- Prayer – While I am not a religious person, I do believe in a Higher Power. Regardless of what your beliefs, taking time to connect to the Source no matter what you call it is vital. Not only take time to ask for guidance and assistance, but give thanks too for all of your current blessings.
- Uplifting Words – I’ll repeat, how we start our day defines how it unfolds. Reading uplifting books or watching videos filled with inspiration, hope, and optimism first thing in the morning sends our subconscious mind messages of positivity throughout our day. It’s so easy to get disconnected from the “feel good” energy but when we plug in each morning, it reminds us of one truth; that we are meant to feel good and to live lives filled with joy, hope, health, abundance, and energy!
Creating a morning practice has never been more important. With the increase in daily distractions, negativity in the news, and stresses of day-to-day life, our body, mind, and spirit is yearning for this vital time to re-charge, re-energize, and re-connect.
Jay Bradley is an anti-aging, wellness, and lifestyle coach living in Los Angeles. http://www.JayBradleyLifestyle.com
He is the author of LIVE LOOK FEEL, The 12-Week Guide to Live Longer, Look Younger, and Feel Better!