This is one of my FAVORITE recipes! It’s simple, delicious, and so nutritious. While squash is normally served in the fall and winter, why not enjoy this comfort food all year round and reap the amazing health benefits including high levels of Beta Carotene, Vitamin C, Minerals, Anti-Inflammatory Properties, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, and Phytonutrients.
(Organic Whenever Possible)
1 Whole Sweet Onion
1 Medium Sized Butternut Squash
6 Cups of Vegetarian or Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tsp Sea Salt
2 Tsp Coarse Ground Pepper
1/4 Cup of Pure Maple Syrup
2 Tsp Turmeric
1/4 Cup of Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup of Coconut Cream
– Additional Spices if Desired Including Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Curry, Ginger & Garlic Powder.
– Peel squash, remove seeds, and cut into chunks.
– Peel onion and cut into small pieces
– Sauté onions on medium heat with butter and olive oil until transparent (approx. 5 minutes)
– Lower heat and add 6 cups of broth along with the squash.
– Add spices of your choice
– Bring to a boil and then simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the squash is tender
– Mix in Maple Syrup
– Toast pumpkin or sunflower seeds in a non-oiled frying pan over medium heat until golden brown
– Put soup ingredients into a blender or Vitamix and blend until it becomes a smooth puree
– Pour into bowls, top with a dollop of coconut cream, toasted seeds, and a sprinkle of your choice of spices
I am ALL for trying to get your vitamins, minerals, and superfoods from our diet. But you and I both know that with busy schedules, lack of planning, and less nutritious foods, it can be difficult to eat in a balanced and healthy way.
That’s why I make sure to incorporate my favorite three products EVERY DAY!
Perfect Food Raw by GARDEN OF LIFE is truly an amazing superfood powder that acts as an insurance policy for your health. By taking at least one scoop of Perfect Food Raw daily, we can rest assured that we’ve received an abundance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, enzymes and more!
This vegan protein tastes AMAZING and satiates us much longer than many other forms of protein.
This special blend of medicinal mushrooms has 9 potent species that truly pack-a-punch when it comes to disease-fighting and immune-boosting properties.
Add 1 scoop of Perfect Food Raw, 2 scoops of protein powder, and 2 Tsp of mushroom powder in your shaker or blender along with rice, almond, hemp, or coconut milk. Feel free to add a banana, avocado, or berries or simply drink as is for your DAILY DOSE of AWESOMENESS!
- Reach out to me to find out where to purchase this special mushroom blend.
Ingredients (Organic Only)
1 1/2 Cups Almond, Rice, Hemp or Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Brewed Coffee
1 Ripe Frozen Banana
4-6 Pitted Dates
1-2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Ground Chia or Hemp Hearts
1 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Favorite Nut Butter
1 Scoop Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder
Dash Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Ice
Add ingredients to a Vitamix or blender and blend until smooth. For a HOT latte, skip the ice, use a non-frozen banana, and either warm mixture on the soup setting of your Vitamix OR warm the almond milk before blending.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.