Although often seen as a fall dessert, I love crumble ALL year round! Here is a wonderful recipe that I created which has NO Sugar but instead uses the AMAZING Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener!
To receive 20% off your order from Lakanto in the USA go to http://www.lakanto.com and enter JBL20 at checkout.
For Canadian orders, visit http://www.lakanto.ca and unfortunately my discount code is only available in the USA. Sorry my Canadian friends. 🙁
RECIPE (All Organic)
3 Cups Peeled Apples (Mix The Variety of your Choice, Approx. 3 Apples)
4 Cups of Fresh or Frozen Mixed Berries
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Fresh Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean
1/2 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (Golden or Classic)
1/4 Cup of CornStarch (Non GMO)
Dash of Sea Salt
1 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (Golden or Classic)
4 Cups Rolled Oats
Dash of Sea Salt
1 1/2 Cup of Cold Vegan Butter (Earth Balance is my Fave)
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Pecans work well)
Coconut Cream or Vegan Ice Cream, Fresh Berries, Sprig of Mint, Drizzle of Lakanto Monkfruit Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the Topping, mix almond meal, monkfruit sweetener, coconut flour, rolled oats and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add cubed vegan butter using your hands to crumble it into the dry ingredients until there are no pieces of butter larger than a hazelnut. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
3. For the filling, sauté diced apples with 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil until tender and slightly caramelized, approximately 5 minutes.
4. Mix the cooked apples with the berries, vanilla, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together monkfruit sweetener, corn starch, and salt. Gently fold this mixture into the apple and berry mixture until thoroughly combined.
6. Place the filling into a pyrex dish or individual ramekins and add a generous amount of dry topping making sure that the fruit filling is more than half the portion.
7. Bake 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
8. Serve warm in beautiful bowls topped with chilled coconut cream or vegan ice cream, fresh berries, a sprig of mint, and a drizzle of Lakanto Maple Syrup.